Hello Bookish Buddies, and welcome to WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words. I am currently vacationing in Wyoming, where it is raining, and the rain sounds so beautiful against the roof, which is perfect reading ambiance. So I’m just gonna write this post real quick and get to reading. Also, it was raining really hard a few minutes ago when I had to get out of the car and run into our hotel room, so I took off my jacket and wrapped my books in it. If that doesn’t make me a book nerd, then I don’t know what does. Anyway, let’s get into the books.
What am I currently reading?
- On the Spectrum by Jennifer Gold – I’m about 3/4 through this book and it’s really disappointing. The main character, Clara, is really unlikeable, and there is a lot of emphasis on a REALLY POORLY PORTRAYED eating disorder. I will mention more of this in my review. The only reason why I’m still reading is because I hope to see some development in Clara, and even if I do, I can’t see this book being any higher than 2.5 stars.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – I’ve only read a few chapters and there isn’t enough Rhysand. Asdfghjkl! Also, I have an educated guess as to who dies and I really hope I’m not right. Because let’s face it, someone has to die.
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – I’m enjoying this book a lot more than I thought I would. Dimple is very quickly becoming one of my all time favorite characters.
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – This book is really addicting. Schwab introduces the world very slowly, revealing the perfect bits at the perfect time. It’s slow, but I’m really loving it.
What did I recently finish reading?
- How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster – THIS WAS SO BORING! Thankfully, the English class I was originally planning to take (because it was AP) was running at the same time as another class, and now I get to take a course designed by one of my favorite teachers about Fairytales! So yeah, I DNF’d this because why wouldn’t I?
- The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore – Since this is the third in a series, I can’t say much, but WHERE TF IS FIVE??? It’s like they all forgot about him or her! And yes, I did finish it last Wednesday night like I said I would.
What do I plan to read next?
The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter – So to replace my boring ass AP summer reading books, I get to read a collection of feminist gothic horror fairytale retellings. FUCK YEAH!