Hello Bookish Buddies! I feel like July has been insanely slow, but it’s over! Now I have less than a month before my last year of high school ever begins. Time is a strange concept. I’m gonna shut up before I have an existential crisis. Let’s get into the books.
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore – I am deep into The Rise of Nine right now and the beginning and end of those two books are starting to blend together. I’m going to do a series overview/discussion/review when I finish it. I think I gave this book 4/5 stars.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I really loved Cinder and I can’t believe I waited this long to read it. My review is here if you want to hear more of my thoughts. I gave it a 4/5.
- Harry Potter y la cámara secreta por JK Rowling – I finished another book in Spanish. They’re hard to read. Mcgonagall shouted ‘lemon sorbet’ at a really inappropriate moment, so I’m not entirely confident in my Spanish skills. I also missed the entire battle in the Chamber of Secrets due to my lack of Spanish skills. That was disappointing.
- Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton – I just finished this one last night! Definitely recommend it. Review coming soon. 5/5 stars.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West – I was fully expecting this to be a 2.5/5 star read. However, the end blew my mind and everything I thought was a plot hole now made sense. 4.5/5 stars.
For nerds like myself…
- 4/5 books were from my original TBR
- In total, I read about 1,784 pages
- That’s about 58 pages per day
- The average length of the books I read was about 357 pages
- I read 1 physical book, 1 audiobook, and 3 ebooks
- My average rating was about 4.5/5 stars
So I have two updates! I’ve already talked about both, but I’m just gonna talk about them more here. The first is the YA Book Bloggers group on Goodreads, which I have recently become a part of and I just want to share with you all, if you haven’t heard about it. It’s super fun. I think everyone should join. We have so many buddy reads going on at once and it’s just a great time.
The next one is May Everly’s Scribbler Challenge! I was recently assigned my partner, the lovely Tiana @ The Book Raven, and I’m super excited to work with her for these mini prompts and peer editing!
Senior year is getting so close! And so are college apps! Ahh! The common app just got released today so I could pretty much just apply to college today and be done until I get responses. I’m not going to though, because I need guidance.
Speaking of that, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this on my blog or not (I probably have because I like to bitch about it everywhere), but the entire college guidance department at my school just left and basically screwed over my grade, so I get to work with a brand new counselor for the most crucial part of the college application process. Yay life.
Also, since I’m supposed to be old enough to deal with my own meals and not eat crap, I’ve been trying this new smoothie subscription box (this is obviously not sponsored because who would want to sponsor me), and it’s been pretty cool. Aside from the fact that none of the smoothies have been what I consider good at all (exactly why I’m not sponsored), but they’re super healthy and I don’t pay attention to what I put in my body for the first three hours after I wake up, so it’s been working out. It’s called Greenblender if you want to check it out for yourself. I just found it and thought it was worth sharing.
So yeah, that’s my life.