Hello Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words. I have not made much progress since last Wednesday, but at least now I’m not completely wiped out from a day at Disneyland so I can actually share my thoughts on what I’m reading. Let’s get into it.
What am I currently reading?
Technically I’m still in the middle of The Inexplicable Logic of My Life and How to Read Literature Like a Professor, but I’m taking a break on those so I’m not actively reading eight books at a time.
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore – I am two chapters away from finishing this. I am so painfully close. If I don’t finish it tonight, I’ll finish it on my walk to work tomorrow.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – Everything is nice and all, but I’m ready for some Feysand action.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I’m on chapter 13 or 14 and I think I figured out the plot twist. I really hope I didn’t though, because what I think is the plot twist is such an overused plot twist.
- Harry Potter y la cámara secreta por JK Rowling – I mean, the Spanish reading thing is going fine, other than the fact that I never know what’s going on. I keep getting the beginning of this book and The Prisoner of Azkaban mixed up, so I have to figure out what’s happening now and what’s happening later. Other than that, I kind of want to punt Dobby. I hate him in this book, but I love him after this one.
- Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton – I’m really interested to see if this is an accurate portrayal of schizophrenia because I’m really enjoying this book and I’m learning a lot.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West – I finally got it back on Overdrive! If the two stories that were told in this book were separate, I wouldn’t be interested in either, but I like that it’s two alternate futures and I’m interested to see Addie’s thinking process when choosing one.
What have I recently finished reading?
What do I think I’m going to read next?
The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore – I have the audiobook all downloaded and ready for my walk to/from work tomorrow. I really hope nobody dies in The Power of Six before that because I’m kind of attached to all of them even though they keep putting themselves in mortal peril when they really don’t have to. They’re a little dumb, but I love them anyway.