Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words. Let’s get into the books!
What am I currently reading?
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore – Shit is going down down in an earlier round! Like damn, the alien battles of epicness are upon me.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I’m at that point in ACOMAF where you know it’s amazing, but you’ve already read so much and there’s still so much more to go that it’s getting daunting. You know that feeling? ACOMAF is a giant ass book.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I’m only a couple chapters in, but I’m so intrigued by this world. I really hate Adri though. I guess that’s the point, but villains that are just villains to be villains gets on my nerves.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – I left myself on a cliffhanger for this one. I want to get back to reading it.
- Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton – This book is really interesting. It deals with mental illness and medication and I’m excited to keep reading it.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West – I really like the format in which this story is told. However, I’ve already found two characters that I dislike. One is Duke “Generic Love Interest” Rivers, and the other is Stephanie, the girl who’s main purpose is to be jealous and bitchy.
What have I recently finished reading?
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson – I gave it a 3.5/5 stars. My review is here if you’re interested in hearing more of my thoughts.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller – I really enjoyed this book. I think I gave it a 4/5 stars. My review will be coming out for it on 7/29, a month before its release.
What do I think I’ll read next?
The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore – I’m almost done with Six and I want to continue right after that!
What are you reading this week?