Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words! I’ve actually made progress on my reading, for the first time in months! Let’s get into it!
What am I currently reading?
I just noticed all of the covers are a different shade of blue and that is really pleasing to me. Anyway:
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – I’m so close to being done with it and I don’t want it to end! I need another story in this world because I’m so in love with it! I’ll post a series discussion once I finish it (and maybe reread Graceling).
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson – My friend picked this book up at the library and I had a copy, so we decided to read it together. I’m enjoying it so far, but it’s one of those books where they’re obviously in mortal peril and the characters are just being dumbasses.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I’m falling in love with Rhysand. Especially after rereading ACOTAR and now going back into ACOMAF, I love him a 1000x more. I don’t know how my appreciation for him is just hitting now. I mean, I appreciated him before, but now I just do so much more.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller – I was so scared this book was going to be a let down, but it’s not. It’s wonderful so far. It’s such a riveting read. This book is everything I initially wanted Throne of Glass to be and more.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – This book is a bit darker than Ari and Dante, but it is classic Sáenz writing. I like it so far.
What did I recently finish reading?
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – I finally finished it and I really enjoyed it! You can check out more of my thoughts (plus a rant about Tedros) here.
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge – I also really enjoyed this book! I saw it at Barnes and Noble the other day and I kinda felt like it was my baby because I read it as an ARC. Does anyone else feel that way when they see ARCs they’ve read in stores? Anyway, more of my thoughts are here.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – If this reread taught me anything, it’s to appreciate Rhysand more, as I was talking about earlier. I thought about reviewing it, but I decided against it because my perception of it was skewed after reading ACOMAF. Instead, I will do a series discussion when I finish ACOWAR.
What do I think I’ll read next?
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore – Ever since I finished I Am Number Four, I’ve been anxious to get into the sequel. Hopefully it’ll still be available on Overdrive when I finish Bitterblue!