Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. I have been reading like crazy because I have a lot of procrastinating to do! It’s the end of the school year, you guys. Come on. Anyway, let’s get into the books.
What am I currently reading?
- Crossing Ebenezer Creek by Tonya Bolden – I’m really sad to say that I’m not enjoying this story all that much. I’m about 50 pages in, the characters haven’t been fleshed out, and the main focus of the story is romance. Not to mention that it has a MAJOR case of instalove. Also, I’m no professional on the Civil War, but it doesn’t seem all that historically accurate to me. Don’t quote me, I could be wrong.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – I finally started this! I’m enjoying it so far, even though I’m less than a chapter in.
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – Still loving it. Every time I start reading it, I never want to put it down. Unfortunately, I’m not getting to start reading it that often.
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge – Shit is going down. There is so much chaos and the world is so complex, I can’t decide whether I like it or not. Also, about 70-80 pages in, it started switching perspectives, which kinda caught me off guard.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Now that I’ve read ACOMAF, I kinda hate everyone in the Spring Court. Also, I can see through Tam and Lucien’s blatant lies and they kinda seem like idiots.
- Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal por JK Rowling – This nightmare, fun sucking version of Harry Potter is almost over! Dear lord, reading in your second language is hard.
What have I recently finished reading?
Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson – Like I said in my April Wrap-Up, 5/5. I am officially Rae Carson trash.
What do I think I’ll read next?
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – In preparation for the Netflix show, Becky @ Book to the Becky and I are buddy-reading the book! I’ve already read it and loved it, and I’m honestly a little scared that I’m not going to like it after the complete and utter garbage that was What Light. I honestly hope this book has the same high quality as I remember it having.