Hello, Bookish Buddies! It is time, yet again, for another monthly wrap up. I don’t know what happened to this month. I feel like the universe just decided to hit fast forward on April and here we are in May! Like last month, I only got around to finishing three books, so let’s get into them?
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson – I am officially Rae Carson trash. Her stories are so action packed and they have the most satisfying endings. 5/5 would recommend.
- milk and honey by Rupi Kaur – I also gave this a 5/5. I read it in less than an hour, and it was really moving and eye opening. The third section really resonated with me. Definitely read this, it’ll only take an hour or so.
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore – This was the first book to make me cry in a really long time. However, there were some really annoying cliche parts that made me take its rating down to a 3.5/5 stars. More of my thoughts on this book are in my review here.
For nerds like myself
- 2/3 were from my original TBR
- In total, I read 1076 pages
- That’s about 36 pages per day
- The average lengths of the books I read was about 359 pages
- I read 1 physical book, 1 ebook, and 1 audiobook
- My average rating this month was 4.5/5 stars
Camp NaNoWriMo Wrap Up
The bold heading makes it seem like a lot more than it is. I got to about 3000 words, which was about a quarter of my goal. To be completely honest, I haven’t written since at least the first half of the month. Hey, life is hectic, man. I’ll hopefully do better in July.
Hello, welcome to my life (update). I’m basically still being a junior in high school, although next life update, I’ll be a senior. Damn. Anyway, I got my ACT back and I NEVER HAVE TO TAKE THAT GODDAMNED THING AGAIN! Meaning I did well and I’m happy with my score! I also found the college that I am hoping I will be able to attend come next fall. Oh, and happy decision day to all high school seniors who read my blog (in the states because I don’t know how other countries’ college systems work).
What else is there? Oh yeah, prom was on Saturday. I didn’t go because I didn’t want to, and according to my friend, that was the right decision. Standing around in a random room with too loud music and overly dressed up teenagers isn’t really my thing. To be honest, I was in bed reading by the time prom started. So yeah, I have no life! What a great note to end this post on!
Wait! I just remembered something more exciting to end this post on! I may have mentioned this in a WWW Wednesday, but I’m too lazy to check and I wanna make myself sound like a cool person! I won a screenplay writing contest that I kinda forgot I entered…twice. And now I’m too awkward to ask which piece was the one that won. So yeah, that’s my life.