Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words! I’ve made a decent amount of progress on my reading this week, so let’s get into it!
What am I currently reading?
- I Am Number Four by Pitticus Lore – I finally started reading this one! It’s been on my ‘What are you going to read next section’ pretty much forever. I’ve only read the prologue first, but someone got murdered by aliens, so it sounded pretty cool.
- Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal por JK Rowling – Unfortunately, today was the day that Overdrive took it back, so that was really sad. I got about half way through it, and now I’m going to have to wait 6ish weeks to read it again 😦
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey – I am now reading two alien books at a time. I have no problem with that, because aliens are fuckin’ cool. On another note, I have been paying more attention to something that’s really been pissing me off about this series, and that is the girl on girl hate between Cassie and Ringer. I feel like they could have the most badass friendship, but no, they have to be all jealous over a guy. Sigh.
What did I recently finish?
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel – My mom bought me this graphic novel in preparation to see the musical adaptation, and they were both really depressing. I didn’t really see the comedy part, seeing as it was a memoir and some pretty messed up stuff happens, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – I finally finished this. And I read the majority of it on my sick day on Monday. The second third of the book sucked me in until the end. The plot twist was perfect and caught me totally off guard. I will have a review coming soon.
What do I think I’ll read next?
A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge – Now I don’t know what the deal with this book is, as it was published in 2012, but I got an ARC of it on NetGalley and there it’s set to come out in May, but regardless, I will likely be reading it next. My best guess is that it was published in the UK and is just coming out in America now, or that it was published independently and a publisher picked it up. I don’t know. It looks super interesting, though.