Hello Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. I have a history essay to write, so I thought why not make my book haul and WWW Wednesday one post because I have no time to do both! So let’s get into it!
What am I currently reading?
- Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal por JK Rowling – This is a lot more difficult to read than I had been anticipating. I’m probably going to have to check it out again, meaning I’m going to have to wait another month or more to get it back to finish it Oh well.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – I think it’s about to start getting sad. I just finished part one and there are two parts left. The ending of part one felt really sudden and I don’t know how I feel about it. However, I remain optimistic.
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey – So I keep the audiobooks for all book sequels that I haven’t read on my wish list on Overdrive, and when I went to go get Like a River Glorious, it had a wait list. This was the only one that was free, and I was less than impressed with The Infinite Sea, but I’m curious to see how this series will end.
What did I recently finish?
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge – This wasn’t the worst book I’ve ever read, but it was far from the best. I gave it a 2.75/5 stars. Read my review here, if you’re so inclined.
What do I think I’ll read next?
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – I think this is what I’m going to read. It’s most likely going to be this or I Am Number Four. I also may not be able to resist reading my new books next.
Speaking of my new books…
Here is my book haul! The stars aligned perfectly for me to get five new books today, as my allowance hadn’t been transferring into my bank account properly, giving me more money than I thought I had! Yay! That’s always happy. So I bought five hard cover books and had to carry them from the book fair to a bakery, where I had to hold them on my lap because the tables weren’t properly cleaned (let’s be real here, you know you wouldn’t put your books on that table either), and then to the parking lot. It was a struggle, but I’m pretty sure everyone reading this has been through it because we’re all book nerds here! Anyway, without further ado, here they all are!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – I’ve been wanting to get this book for a while, and this review by the lovely Mandy convinced me to pick it up today. I’m really excited to get into it. Plus, the cover is beautiful.
- The Call by Peadar O’Guilin – I know booksplosion read this a while back, and it really interested me. I had actually only originally bought the other four books, but I had to go back and get this one because I hadn’t seen it when I was buying (you know we’ve all been there). Also, a lovely human told me it was the creepiest thing they had ever read while I was buying it, so I’m really excited.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – First off, if I ever wrote a memoir, this would be the title. Also, I was really impressed by Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (review here), so I had to pick this one up as well.
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone – I heard BooksandLala talking about this book a while back, so I got it when I saw it at the book fair. It sounded interesting and I trust her judgement.
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon – I have heard so many glowing reviews about this book, and I really enjoyed Everything, Everything, so I had to pick it up. And the lady at the counter told me it was amazing while I was buying it, so that’s also a plus.