Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to…another award??? I honestly thought no one would read these posts, and now I’ve been nominated for my second award. I’m so flattered, you guys. And I’d like to give a huge thank you to Sian from Lady in a Land Rover for nominating me! Now let’s get to it!
What is the Liebster award?
Well from my understanding, it is an award that is passed around the blogging community to help blogs with less than 200 followers get noticed! I also looked up the word ‘Liebster’ on google translate because I was curious, and it means ‘dearest’ in German. You learn something new every day!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
1.) Describe yourself in three words
Sarcastic, awkward, introverted
2.) What do you enjoy most about writing a blog?
I like getting to talk to so many awesome people and share my thoughts about books with people that actually care about them and know what I’m talking about!
3.) How did you come up with the name/idea for your blog? Was it stimulated through personal interests and/or experience?
I came up with Bella Blogs Because Books because I liked the natural alliteration that occurred with my name and the word ‘books’, but I thought Bella’s Books was too generic. I spent around an hour going through other words that start with B before I settled on Bella Blogs Because Books.
4.) What is your favourite blog and why?
I don’t really have a favorite blog. I feel like in the book blogging community, everyone’s own personal opinions on books makes their blogs unique!
I totally didn’t answer the question, but that’s what I’m gonna go with.
5.) Which of your posts is your favourite and why?
I think my favorite blog post is my 2016 End of the Year Book Survey, because it’s the one that made me want to start this blog!
6.) What are your blogging goals for 2017?
I guess my goals are to keep posting consistently throughout the year. God only knows how hectic the second semester of junior year and the first semester of senior year are going to get.
7.) What are your passions/interests beside blogging?
Reading (obviously. So obvious I didn’t even have to mention it), writing (although I rarely write anymore), watching youtube, playing sims, yoga, playing with my dogs, covet fashion, finding creative ways to procrastinate, and more.
8.) Do you have any advice/tips for other bloggers?
My advice for other bloggers is just to have fun. If you’re feeling pressure to post a lot or read a lot so you can write more reviews, maybe you should take a step back. It’s not like this whole blogging thing is supposed to be serious anyways. I’m mostly just borrowing this advice from my wattpad days. I haven’t really felt much pressure to post, I just do it a lot because I think it’s fun!
9.) Describe your writing style in 4 words
Humorous, sarcastic, honest, expressive
10.) When you read a blog, what engages you and makes you want to read on?
To be completely honest, the pictures. If a blog post has interesting pictures or book covers in them, it’ll make me want to read what’s written. I also like a lot of humor and sarcasm too.
Now I’m off to find some people that I follow with less than 200 followers! I’ll be back soon but you won’t know that because this is a blog post! I nominate:
- Jeannie @ A Happy Clam
- Alex @ Young at Heart Books
- Maxine @ The Rouge Storyteller
- Emily @ theBookish Lounge
- Heather @ thehermitlibrarian
These are all cool humans who have under 200 followers that I recently followed because I binge followed a bunch of people! Check them out!
The questions for all of you (that I totally didn’t forget to write before I initially published this):
- What is your advice to people who want to start a book blog?
- What is your most read genre?
- What has been the most rewarding part about having a book blog?
- What would you like your readers to know about you that you haven’t mentioned before?
- What is one book that really changed the way you look at things?
- What is one book that you think is really important for everyone to read?
- Is there any one specific book character that you really connected to?
- What is your favorite quote from a book?
- What is one book that made you laugh out loud?
- What is the book/series that got you into reading?