Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to my WWW Wednesday post, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words! In case you aren’t familiar with my WWW Wednesday posts, they are a weekly update of what I’m reading, what I finished reading, and proof that I’m not psychic in the form of my miserable attempt at guessing what I’m reading next. Let’s get to it!
What am I currently reading?
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – I got an ARC of this book a few days ago, which I requested after reading one line of the synopsis, which was: “Let me be clear: I never intended to raise my brother from his grave, though he may claim otherwise.” That line intrigued me, and the beginning of the book just gets right to the point. I don’t really get what’s going on so far, as I’ve only read a little bit, but I’m excited to keep reading.
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge – For those of you who don’t know (I assume that’s most of you) I pick a random book from my ever-growing Goodreads TBR every month and read it. This month’s book was Crimson Bound. I’m listening to the audiobook and I don’t really get what’s going on, but similarly to The Bone Witch, I just started it.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – So I saw a video on youtube yesterday of Christine from PolandBananasBooks interviewing Adam Silvera, and then I watched Jessethereader’s interview with him, and I was also wondering what I felt like reading at the moment, when I looked up and saw this book on my shelf. I’ve just started it and I like it so far.
What did I recently finish reading?
- Fire by Kristen Cashore – I loved this book a lot more than I was expecting to. Everything about it was just so captivating.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – I decided after about 60 pages that I wasn’t in the mood for this reread and I didn’t have the patience to wait for Windwitch to become available on Overdrive. When less people want the audiobook, I’ll do my reread.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – My class just finished reading this. The ending was not what I expected. I hoped to like it a lot more, but I wasn’t really a fan. Also, side note, Leo DiCaprio looks like he hasn’t aged a day in the movie from Titanic to the Gatsby movie. What’s up with that?
- Optimists Die First by Susin Nielsen – This was a fun, yet heavy, quick read. I really enjoyed it. If you want to hear more of my thoughts, my review is here.
What do I think I’ll read next?
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore – This is my random Goodreads book for March, and I just so happen to have a copy. I’ve heard great things about this book from my cousin/best friend, so I’m really excited.