Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to this week’s WWW Wednesday, hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. Let’s get to the books!
What am I currently reading?
- Fire by Kristin Cashore – I’m still listening to the audiobook. I haven’t made much progress, but I plan to listen to it tonight while I binge play Covet Fashion (for those of you who don’t know what that is, don’t look it up. It will steal your soul.)
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – So I read this book last year when it first came out, and I thought it was just okay. I enjoyed it, but I wasn’t crazy about it. Then I saw Sam at Thoughts on Tomes raving about it in one of her videos, and it made me think I might not have been in the mood for it when I read it, so I’m trying it again! And I’m also using this reread to refresh my memory for Windwitch.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – School is really sucking all of the fun out of this book for me. Plus, I’m getting behind on reading it and then everyone spoils it during class and it’s really disappointing.
What did I recently finish?
- The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan – I finished this book a few hours ago on the bus, since it was returning itself around two today to Overdrive. I basically binge read it over the past few days because it was about to leave me.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – I really enjoyed this book. I also binge read this when I was feeling down, and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Read my review here.
- Girl Rising by Tanya Lee Stone – I finished this book on Friday night, and it was really moving. I had the ARC for it and I believe it is out now. Check out my review here.
What do I think I’ll read next?
Optimists Die First by Susin Nielsen – I requested this ARC on NetGalley solely because of the title. I am in love with this title. It’s just my kind of humor, so I hope this book will be too, as I have no idea what it’s about.