Hello, Bookish Buddies, and welcome to my very first monthly wrap up! I think I’m going to make my monthly wrap ups have five sections. Those sections are:
- Overview of the books I read
- Statistics (for those of you who are nerds like I am)
- Monthly Manga review
- Life update
- A directory of all non review posts I made and news about the blog
So feel free to skip around to the sections you’re interested in. I still don’t know exactly how this is going to work, but I’m going to figure it out as I write this post. I’m excited! So without further ado, let’s get into the books!
I read 8 books this month! That’s twice as many as I normally read, so I’m super proud of myself. Those books are:
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I rated Illuminae 4/5 stars. If you want to hear more of my thoughts on it, my review is here.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates – This story was very densely packed into 152 pages, and it was very moving. It was a memoir by a black man in America, written in the form of a letter to his son, about the institution of racism in America.
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – This was a reread in preparation for the sequel. Wolf by Wolf is one of my all time favorite books, so I rated it a 5/5 stars (again). Read my review here.
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – I finally started this series! I gave The Lightning Thief a 4/5 stars. Read my review here.
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson – I gave Walk on Earth a Stranger a 3.5/5 stars. Hear my further thoughts in my review here.
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin – This was the beautiful sequel to Wolf by Wolf. I adored it so much. It was full of action and heartbreak and it was positively beautiful. I gave it a 4.5/5 stars.
- Swarm by Scott Westerfeld – I also really enjoyed Swarm. It went in a completely different direction than I expected it to after Zeroes ended, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Plus, there was an OTP that I really didn’t see coming, but I ship it so hardcore. Overall, I gave it a 4.25/5 stars.
- The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan – I was a little let down by this book. I still enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as good as the first. I gave it a 3.5/5 stars. Read my review here.
For nerds like myself
- 4/8 books were from my original TBR
- In total, I read 3172 pages
- That’s about 102 pages per day
- The average length of the books I read were about 397 pages
- I read 4 physical books, 2 audiobooks, and 2 ebooks
- My average rating was about 4.1/5
So Monthly Manga is a mini manga review within my wrap up that I decided to do because why not? Awesome. Let’s get to it!
So this is Orange by Ichigo Takano. If you regularly read my posts, you may have heard me fangirl about it a little bit. If you want to learn more about their synopses, click on the images. Anyway, I think Orange is the most beautiful thing in the world. All of the stories are so cute and so meaningful. Plus, the friendships in this manga series are seriously amazing. They just care about each other so much and it’s so cute! Even if you’re not a manga person, I would strongly urge you to read this manga because it is so damn cute!
Since I haven’t really done one of these before, I guess this is a life intro. For those of you who don’t know, my name is Bella. Hello. I am a junior in high school in Los Angeles, California. I am an only child with three adorable dogs, and I am currently searching for colleges. That’s kind of me in a nutshell. I might start updating you guys about my writing, if I start writing something again. I take creative writing in school, but other than that, I don’t write much. Oh yeah, and I started this blog! I suppose you’ve already figured that out by now. So onto the update part! Or the original-date (?) I guess.
I am looking for colleges. I really love Lewis and Clark in Portland, Oregon, but I’m looking at schools all over the country (and one in Canada, in case the US government implodes by the time I graduate high school). I really have to register for the ACT soon, I should’ve already done that. Okay, I’m done boring you with academia.
Yesterday, my family found out that our 10 year old yellow lab, Rosie, is cancer free! That’s always nice. The vet thought she had a tumor in her foot that he surgically removed, but it turns out it was nothing! She is very healthy and happy and in good spirits. Although, she does have to wear the cone of shame. I guess that’s all that’s going on in my life! I’m not all that interesting, to be honest.
Monthly Post Directory/Blog News
First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog posts! You’ve made my first month of blogging so much fun and I can’t wait to continue it for months to come!
I have one quick announcement: I made a Books Amino! Add me at bellablogsbecausebooks! Now, here is my January Post Directory!