Hello Bookish Buddies! It is that time of the week again, it is Wednesday. The day I update you on my reading life in the form of WWW Wednesday, hosted by Taking on a World of Words. I done awesome this past week, so without further ado, let’s get to the books.
What am I currently reading?
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson – This book has really picked up since last week. I still don’t especially care about the characters. And the animals are almost too human. It’s weird. I also still am not a fan of the writing style, but the plot is engaging and I’m curious as to what will happen.
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin – Yes, I finally started it. I am in love with it. I love these characters. I’m not sure how I feel about the multiple points of view, as that was not a thing in the first book, but it’s still the same amazing story, so I’m pumped.
- Swarm by Scott Westerfeld – I honestly did not picture myself starting this book anytime soon, but it was available on Overdrive and I thought it must be fate. I’ve listened to two chapters and I really want to listen to more, but I have to finish Walk on Earth a Stranger before it expires on Overdrive.
What did I recently finish reading?
Yes, I finished four books (or three books and a manga) this week. I didn’t know that was possible for me.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates – I finished this book almost in one sitting because I felt pressure to finish it because I had to return it to my history teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed it and now my history teacher thinks I am an intellectual reader instead of a children’s book nerd (seriously, you try explaining the plot of ACOTAR without sounding ridiculous).
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – I read it again. I loved it again. That’s all there is to say. You can read my review here.
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – I finally read this! I remembered the beginning part really well from elementary school, which surprised me. I could also tell exactly when I stopped. My review will be coming out on Sunday!
- Orange: Volume II by Ichigo Takano – This was just as adorable as the first one. I’ve heard some not so great things about the ending, but I personally loved it.
What do I think I’ll read next?
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, because I have it on Overdrive and it’s going to expire before I know it.