Hello everyone! Welcome to my first TBR! This whole blogging thing is super new to me, so bear with me. Anyway, I only really read about four books per month, so this seven book TBR is not likely to happen, but these are all of the books I am considering.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I mentioned in my first post that this book is a priority, and I meant it. I think I’m about fifty pages into it. I’m a little confused so far, but still intrigued.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I’m seriously hoping I like Illuminae because I already ordered Gemina with the Barnes and Noble gift cards I received from various family members this holiday season. If I do, I will definitely get to it this month. If I don’t, I’ll probably still read it because I have a hard time giving up on books/series.
- Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin – This would be my second ever reread (I’m not a big rereader), but I loved this book so damned much the first time I read it. It is seriously one of my all time favorite books.
- Blood For Blood by Ryan Graudin – I am so excited to read the second book in this duology! I’m so nervous as to what will happen though, because there are so many directions this story could go in after the events of Wolf By Wolf! I’m also nervous that it won’t live up to the amazingness of Wolf By Wolf, but I think Ryan Graudin can follow it up because she is such an amazing writer!
- The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan – I don’t even remember if I’ve ever read this before. I think I did when I was in elementary school, but I may not have finished it. I wanted to read the whole series, but I stopped reading for a really long time at the end of elementary school (it’s a long story), and I never got around to finishing it. I have a hold on the audiobook on Overdrive, but I don’t know if it will become available to me this month because I don’t know much about Overdrive wait times.
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black – I just read my first Holly Black short story in the holiday anthology My True Love Gave to Me and I loved it. I’ve been looking for a good fantasy read to cure the book hangover that Empire of Storms left me, and this book sounded perfect.
- Orange: Volume 2 by Ichigo Takano – Before we get any further, yes, I am counting manga and graphic novels as books, because they are. Anyway, I read Orange: Volume 1 a couple days ago and it was so cute that my heart died from the feels. I’ve been getting more into manga recently, so if anyone has any recommendations, please leave them in the comments. And also, do yourself a favor and read Orange. It is so cute and sad and happy and it will give you all of the feels.
Thank you, lovely reader, for taking the time out of your day to read this post! Let me know your opinions on the books I mentioned above, what you’re reading this month, and anything else in the comments!